On behalf of the Scientific Committee of the 24th Annual Conference of the European Society for Clinical Virology, we would like to thank you for submitting your work for presentation. The online submission and evaluation process will be administered by Kenes M, the Conference Organising Secretariat.
Abstract Submission is now closed. Please click below to submit a late-breaking abstract.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR LATE-BREAKING ABSTRACT!
Please take a moment to read the guidelines below before submitting your abstract.
- All abstracts must be written in English.
- All abstracts must be submitted online through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail will not be included in the abstract review process.
- Use acronyms only when necessary and define all abbreviations and concepts in your abstract at first use.
- Always make sure to check the final abstract with the system’s preview function before submission, and edit or replace as necessary. It is the authors’ responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The submitting and presenting authors are required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before the submission.
- Only studies based on new and not-previously published results can be submitted.
- All abstracts will initially be reviewed, and will either be accepted or rejected by the Scientific Committee. The Organising and Scientific Committees reserve the right to determine whether an abstract submission is accepted as an oral or a poster presentation.
- Only the abstracts of presenting authors who have completed their registrations and paid their registration fees by the registration deadline for abstract presenters (July 5, 2022) will be included in the Scientific Programme and the abstract publications.
- Withdrawal of abstracts is only accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the ESCV 2022 Conference Organising Secretariat.
- By submitting an abstract, the authors consent in giving ESCV 2022 permission to publish their abstracts in the Conference's publication.
- Since there will be no editing process on the abstracts, the authors are required to avoid any typing errors, misordering of the authors, wrong spelling/writing about the institutions, etc.
- Please do NOT submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Please make sure to save your username and password for future use. If you cannot remember your credentials, please get in contact with the Conference Organising Secretariat at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You can make edits on your abstract before submitting it to the Scientific Committee. After the submission is completed, no edits will be allowed on the system even if there is time until the deadline. In that case, if you have to make some edits on your abstract after submitting but before the submission deadline, please contact with the Conference Organising Secretariat at (email@example.com)
ABSTRACT PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION ON THE SYSTEM
- Use only generic drug names.
- Brand, product or company names must not be used in the abstract title or text.
- ESCV reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name.
STEP 1 - Presentation Options
- Topic/Sub-Topic: A main topic and a sub-topic that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during Step 1 of the submission process. The Scientific Committees reserves the right to change the topics during the abstract review process.
The topics for ESCV 2022 are listed on the Conference website. Please CLICK HERE for reviewing the topics before proceeding with the submission process.
- Presentation type: Please choose one of the following.
– Oral presentation
– Poster presentation
– No preference
The Scientific Committees reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the requirements of the scientific programme.
STEP 2 - Institution Information
- The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the “department” and “institution” names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Univ., Inst., Hosp., etc. The department and institution details, city and country should be written with lower case while the initials of each word in capitals.
- Enter each affiliation only once: i.e., if there are 5 authors and 3 of whom are from same affiliation and 2 of whom are from another, you will have 2 institutions, NOT 5. However, if there are 2 or more departments at the same institution represented, they should be entered separately.
- If any of the authors have more than one affiliation, enter both affiliations in a compounded style as one affiliation: i.e., if there are 5 authors and 2 of whom are from same affiliation (Institute A), 2 of whom are from another (Institute B), and 1 of whom is from both affiliations (Institutes A and B), you will have 3 institutions, NOT 5 or NOT 2. (First institution: Institute A, second one: Institute B and the third one: Institute A & Institute B).
- Please make sure to include the City and Country information at the end for each institution. For US, please make sure to enter the country information as “United States” or “US” after writing the state name or its abbreviation. For UK, please write the country name as “United Kingdom” or “UK”.
STEP 3 - Author Information
- First, middle and last names of all the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. Please pay attention to match the institutions to the right authors, and make sure that you select the “presenting author” correctly.
STEP 4 - Presenting Author Information
- Please enter the presenting author’s contact information correctly.
It’s highly important for you to ensure that the e-mail address of presenting author is entered correctly, as all communication regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be sent to the presenting author via e-mail by the Congress Organising Secretariat.
STEP 5 - Abstract Title
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Abstract titles can contain a maximum of 150 characters.
- Titles should not be written with all capitals.
STEP 6 - Abstract
- Abstract Body: Abstract body should not exceed 250 words. The title of the abstract, authors, institutions and keywords are not included in this limit, and those should not be entered in this section.
- Abstract body should consist of four sections given below:
Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the abstract.
Methods: Describe your selection of observations or experimental subjects clearly.
Results: Present your results in a logical sequence in text, table and illustrations.
Conclusions: Emphasize new and important aspects of the study (perhaps as a discussion section) and the conclusions that are drawn from them.
- Describe briefly the objectives of the study unless they are contained in the title. Include a brief statement of methods if pertinent. State findings in sufficient detail to support conclusions. Abstracts should not describe research in which the chemical identity or source of the reagent is proprietary or cannot be revealed.
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Non standard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Do not include the names or personal information of any patient participating in a study or trial.
- Phrases such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.Please mention all sources of funding of the work described and other acknowledgements briefly at the end of the abstract text. References and acknowledgements are included in the 250-word count for the abstract text.
- A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract text. For each reference, you can only state the three first author’s names, titel of the paper and bibliography (e.g. Douam F, Hrebikova G, Albrecht YE et al. Single-cell tracking of flavivirus RNA uncovers species-specific interactions with the immune system dictating disease outcome. Nat Commun 2017;8:14781.).
- In order to be compatible with universal coding system, only the special characters given on the system should be used. Please note that the abstracts in which other special characters are used may not be displayed correctly in the publications due to the coding systems.
STEP 7 - Keywords
- Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and written only in the section dedicated for keywords.
- Minimum 3 keywords are required and maximum 6 keywords can be entered.
- All keywords should be written in lower case and separated with
- All keywords should be separated with comma (,). Please do NOT use comma for anything else in the keywords section.
STEP 8 - Additional Files
- Graphic files and images will not be accepted.
STEP 9 - Preview & Check
- The submitting authors are required to preview the abstract at this step and confirm the preview at this step.
- If you have any comments and/or additional information to be shared with the Scientific Committee, you may enter these details in the comment box.
STEP 10 - Submit to the Committee
- Some questions about profession, career level, and possible award applications are being asked at this step. It is required to answer all questions before submitting your abstract. Please select/check your answer and then click on the “Choose” button for each one.
- If you have not completed all required sections of your abstract, you won’t see the submission button. Only after completing all required fields, the submission button will be enabled for you.
REVIEW PROCESS AND ACCEPTANCE LETTERS
All submitted abstracts will be scored and pass through a review process by the Scientific Committee after the submission closes. After this review process the draft programme will be drawn up. While the scientific merit is the most important factor in the review of an abstract, the Committee will also take into account other factors such as the topic, geographic representation, etc...
The notification letters about acceptance of the abstracts will be sent in June 2022.
REGISTRATION OF ABSTRACT PRESENTERS
The presenting authors must be registered for the Conference latest by July 5, 2022 which is the registration deadline for abstract presenters.
Abstracts of unregistered presenting authors who do not complete their registrations (including payment) by this deadline will be removed from the final programme and all relevant publications.
Thank you for submitting your work for consideration. We look forward to welcoming you at the virtual ESCV 2022 Annual Conference in September!
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any specific inquiries.
Please make sure to check the time difference between the noted deadlines and your local time zone to determine the submission deadline according to your local time.